Since October 2020, the DAS system has been the only way to access, manage and allocate apprenticeship funding.
From April 2017 the Government funds apprenticeships changed for all organisations with an annual pay bill greater than 3 million, through the introduction of the Apprenticeship Levy. You will pay the Apprenticeship Levy each month through your PAYE process in the same way you pay Income Tax or National Insurance contributions. Your payroll or finance department will have been sent your Government Gateways login details to set up your Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS).
Once your DAS is set up you will be able to:
When you have declared your Levy for the month you will see the balance in your account at the end of the following month. To enable you to sign into your account you will need to accept an Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) Agreement, which you can access vis your DAS or the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/file/603864/agreement-pdf.pdf
Once you have accepted your agreement with ESFA you will be able to authorise payments for apprenticeship training and End-Point Assessment (EPA) with the training providers you have chosen to manage your apprenticeships. Each provider has a unique UKPRN Number. To ensure you pay the right provider, the Football Family Limited UKPRN number is 10082555.
If you do not have enough funds in your account to pay for the training in any given month, you will be required to co-invest with the government. This means you will pay 5% of the outstanding balance for that month, and the government will pay the remaining 95% up to the funding band maximum. If costs agreed with your provider are over the maximum cap, then you must pay the difference out of your own budget.
If you have overpaid your Levy in any month but are still in credit at the end of the tax year, you will receive a refund as a PAYE credit. Apprenticeship Levy payments are a deducted expense for the purpose of Corporation Tax.
Copyright © 2018 Football Family Ltd - All Rights Reserved. Football Family Limited is a limited company, registered in England and Wales with the registration number: 11372664.